If you’re a chocolate lover like myself look no further for a chocolate recipe that’s healthy as well as gluten free and vegan. I made some simply delicious (if I say so myself) twix bars last week and they went down a storm ⛈ so I thought I would crack another vegan recipe this week. I’m a huge lover of chocolate but I’m also a huge lover of eating ingredients that make you feel amazing but also make your body feel amazing too. I dont suggest you eat all 10 biscuits in one go by any means but the odd biccy when you have a chocolate craving won’t do much harm😍
For this recipe you you will need:
1 cup (100g) oats- use gluten free is allergic/intolerant
1/4 cup (30g) flour/ oat flour/ gluten free flour
1/2 cup (50g) ground almonds
1/3 cup (80ml) coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
150g of dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180*C 350*F.
2. In a bowl mix together the oats, flour and ground almonds.
3. Melt the coconut oil and syrup then pour onto the dry mix.
4. Shape the mix into 10 equal size round biscuits.
5. Place on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Leave to cool.
6. Break up the chocolate and heat in the microwave on 30 second burst until all the chocolate is melted.
7. Flip the biscuits (so the bottom is facing up) -!/ spread the chocolate on top. Leave to set.